ArcEngine Compatibility

Apr 14, 2011 at 5:59 PM

I'm attempting to use this library with a custom ArcEngine(10) app. Has anyone tried this or know of any limitations that would prevent it from working. I'm still doing testing but I think it should work. Any comments or suggestions?

Many thanks to the developers working on this, its a great tool for ArcMap!

Coordinator
Apr 14, 2011 at 6:35 PM

i think it should work if you cut out some ArcMap userinterface code (things like ESRI.ArcGIS.ArcMapUI), although I never tried it. For the future, I'm thinking about splitting the project in parts:

user interface projects (like ArcMap, ArcEngine and ArcGlobe) and core code (with the BruTileLayer as custom layer). I'm interested in your progress, so keep me updated!

Apr 19, 2011 at 6:42 PM

Just to keep everyone informed, this was done pretty easily. I had to create a new constructor for BruTileLayer that did not reference IApplication and overload the draw method on the BruTileHelper class that did not have an IApplication object as an input param. I'm still doing basic testing but its drawing and caching tiles for now. I think splitting the projects into parts would not be a bad idea. I would definitely benefit from it.

Is there support to load ESRI caches? I'd like to use there services while offline as well. Thanks.

Apr 19, 2011 at 6:55 PM

Scratch that last question....I see it now.