I actually resolved the problem, I am sorry for being late in putting it here; so here is the description of what had happened in case this repeats itself with somebody else:
The problem was caused by a conflict between two versions of ArcBrutile since I had installed an older one that didn't work, then installed the 0.3.3 who didn't work either. And this is when I posted the previous comment for help.
The way I resolved it is by uninstalling both the versions I had installed (cleaning therefore the registry conflict that was happening) and then
installing only the 0.3.3 version which is working perfectly now.
Still I thank you bertt for your concern :)