Arcbrutile not working

May 2, 2011 at 8:05 AM

Hi,

I can't see anything when clicking on the option of bing map or google map from arcbrutile tool.

All I get is "System.InvalidCastException: Invalid to cast object of type 'ESRI.ArcGIS.Geometry.SpatialReferenceEnvironmentClass' to type 'ESRI.ArcGIS.Geometry.SpatialReferenceEnvironmentClass'" [...] etc.

I am using Arcgis 9.3.1
The version of arcbrutile is 0.3.3
Did I miss something here?...

Thanks in advance!

Coordinator
May 10, 2011 at 11:51 PM

can you send me a relevant part of the logfile at userprofile\Local Settings\Application Data\ArcBruTile ?

May 11, 2011 at 6:49 AM

Hello Bertt,

I actually resolved the problem, I am sorry for being late in putting it here; so here is the description of what had happened in case this repeats itself with somebody else:

The problem was caused by a conflict between two versions of ArcBrutile since I had installed an older one that didn't work, then installed the 0.3.3 who didn't work either. And this is when I posted the previous comment for help.

The way I resolved it is by uninstalling both the versions I had installed (cleaning therefore the registry conflict that was happening) and then installing only the 0.3.3 version which is working perfectly now.

Still I thank you bertt for your concern :)

Cheers

Coordinator
May 11, 2011 at 11:52 PM

ok great it works now. I want to create an ArcBruTile ArcGIS 10 Add-In one time. Hopefully we can get rid of those registry issues with the Add-Ins.