Prerequisite: Microsoft.NET Framework 4.0
- Run setup.exe
- Start ArcMap
- Go to View->Toolbars and activate toolbar 'ArcBruTile'
- A new toolbar will appear with options for OpenStreetMap, Google, Bing and SpatialCloud.
In ArcBruTile release 0.3.1 automatic registering with ArcGIS 10 is added.
If you use an earlier release of ArcBruTile do the next steps to register ArcBruTile in ArcGIS 10:
- Open a DOS box;
- navigate to the ArcBruTile installation directory (default C:\Program Files\CodePlex\ArcBruTile)
- issue the following command:
"C:\Program Files\Common Files\ArcGIS\bin\ESRIRegAsm.exe" ArcBruTile.dll /p:desktop
Note: On Vista/Windows 7, the dos box has to be run as administrator (right click option 'Run as administrator') to prevent ESRIRegAsm error "Registration failed. Could not write to disk.".
ArcBruTile logfiles are created in the userprofile\Local Settings\Application Data\ArcBruTile
Some tips for developers:
- To be able to debug the code in ArcMap open file ArcMap.exe.config and change the following:
- When the toolbar does not appear, build the project and go to ArcBruTile\trunk\ArcBruTile\app\bin\ArcBruTile.dll and register right click -> register
- Microsoft.NET Framework 4.0.3 with PCL tools is needed for development because brutile.dll is a portable class library (PCL)
- Developing/testing on Windows 8.1? Expect some ArcMap crashes see
The is a configuration file in the ArcBruTile directory: app.config
It contains items like:
tileDir: the Local tile directory (default %APPDATA%\ArcBruTile\)
tileTimeout: Tile timeout in days. After this period new tiles will be retrieved (default 1 day)
And then some options about which services should be included in the toolbar and logging (Log4net) configurations.