This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Custom basemap using ArcBruTile. Is this possible ?

Oct 19, 2014 at 1:51 AM
Hi. I'm developing an offiline application with custom (rotated -90 dg) OpenStreetMap. I've setup a tile server with rotated map (using postgis + mapnik) and want to create arcgis runtime package (file -> share as -> Runtime content) but works only with default ArcGis basemaps.

I installed ArcBruTile, added my custom map as TMS service and now i can browse it via ArcMap, but when i'm trying to create runtime package i see no available basemaps :(

Is it possible to add ArcBruTile map as basemap ?
Oct 19, 2014 at 8:56 PM
Hi, are you building an ArcGIS Runtime application?
Oct 20, 2014 at 11:52 AM
Yes. It is arcgis runtime (WPF)
Oct 20, 2014 at 6:57 PM
Edited Oct 20, 2014 at 8:21 PM
ArcBruTile uses ArcObjects to draw tiles in ArcMap, so this will not work in ArcGIS Runtime. If you want to display your
TMS service you better look for custom (TMS) layer functionality in ArcGIS Runtime. For retrieving tiles you can also use the BruTile
.NET library https://github.com/BruTile/BruTile
Marked as answer by regressor on 10/21/2014 at 4:58 AM
Oct 21, 2014 at 1:01 PM
I solved it by adding my tileserver to arcmap computer hosts file as a.tile.openstreetmap.org, b.tile.openstreetmap.org, etc...
So ArcMap works with my server thinking it is osm... :)
Oct 21, 2014 at 6:30 PM
ah good tric :-)
Nov 2, 2014 at 11:37 PM
It would be possible, using mapsource files of MOBAC. I like that each user could build their own data sources, freeing the application of the problem of proprietary sources.